What are white spots on tonsils?
The white spots on tonsils are generally pus that gets developed as white blood cells which kill off the bacteria or viruses infecting tissue. These can usually be treated at home but at the same time doctors advised is recommended.
What are the probable causes of white spots on tonsils?
- Tonsil Stones
- Oral Thrush
- Sore Throat
The white lumps or orbs of debris trapped are tonsil stones, hardened and calcified on tonsil crypts or tonsil pockets. Mostly, these are dead or destroyed bacteria and other particles accumulating in throat after being destroyed by the body’s defense mechanism.
Home Remedies for the white spots on tonsils
- Rest Well as this will also prevent you from infecting others.
- To reduce the fever and fight the infection fast, drink plenty of water.
- Gargle with salty warm water because of its antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
- Use of dairy products like ice cream will relieve some of the pain.
- The smoke may worsen the condition and also increases the risk of having complications, smoking should be avoided.
- Relieve of painful throat by taking painkillers like ibuprofen.
- As dry air tends to irritate throat, humidify the air.
Medical Treatments for white spots on tonsils
Medical treatment are done to control the white spots on tonsils are usually done with the intake of medications such as Penicillin, Rifampin, and Amoxicillin. Anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed to the patients having white spots on tonsils such as Ketoprofen, Naproxen, and Ibuprofen.
What are White spots on tonsils STD
HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and herpes have all been known to have white patches, dots in mouth as part of their symptoms. These STDs or viral infections may manifest as pus cells on the tonsils, uvula or surfaces within the mouth.
- Chlamydia and white stuff on tonsils and mouth
- Gonorrhea causes white stuff on tonsils
- Herpes Simplex virus
- HIV can cause tonsils to have yellowish or whitish spots on throat and tongue
Home Points for white spots on tonsils
- The white spots tonsils are generally pus that has developed as white blood cells kill off bacteria or viruses infecting tissue.
- Home remedies and medical interventions are undertaken in order to prevent white spot tonsils.
- Tonsil stones are white lumps or orbs of debris trapped, hardened and calcified on the tonsil crypts or tonsil pockets.
Contact Us for information regarding white spots on tonsils