Some people develop holes in tonsils or crypts on the surface. When, not all the food is eat up and some particles of food get stuck in the holes or the crypts. Some part of food particles and other debris like mucus and the dead cells gets in to this crypt that creates a health hazard to the oral cavity and the mouth.
The debris that is collected in the holes in tonsils becomes as hard as stones. In such case, a person ends up getting tonsillar stones or the tonsillitis. This condition of the tonsilis could be inherited in the family. Children can also get holes in their tonsils due to infection or bacteria
Medical researchers do not provide the exact cause of holes in the tonsils. According to medical studies which indicated that holes on surface of tonsils have close relation to the tonsillitis.
Holes in tonsils can be a breeding place for bacterial infection or viral that causes serious tonsil infections of tonsils stones (tonsillitis). Many people develop small tonsillitis with debris trapped in them. The holes in tonsils are the crypts and the white spots that form tonsillitis.
Holes in tonsils (crypts) actually provide a place for white blood cells to fight bad bacteria which enters the body through the mouth and nose. When these holes becomes too wide or when they are crooked then the problem arises. In this case food gets stuck easily in the crypts. And also when this food rots and cause bad breath and throat infections.
Cure for holes in tonsils
- Use a cotton swab to clean out the food particles and bacteria from the holes in tonsils, and then rinse your mouth with a good mouthwash such as Listerine to kill any bacteria.
- Use flat tip syringe method to flush out the areas all around the tonsils where food can trap
- Echinacea tincture is a natural antibiotic and keeps you away bacteria trapped and chance of getting an infection as a result of the holes in your tonsils. Before use must read the instructions on the bottle for dosing.
- Consult doctor in case of severe problem.
Safety Measures during holes in tonsils
- Please avoid self-diagnose
- In case of severe bad breath and throat problem, consultation with doctor to diagnose the cause is must