There are a few well known home remedies which prove to be effective enough in cure for tonsillitis. They are as follows:
Natural Products important in cure for tonsillitis
Lemon’s antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties take care of the infection as well as the inflammation. In addition, its high vitamin C content improves the body’s resistance to infections.
Procedural steps in cure for tonsillitis:
Take lukewarm water glass and add the juice of one lemon with salt as per the taste and one teaspoon of honey. Drink it slowly, twice daily for a few days.
The most effective and the most common home treatment for tonsillitis is the use of lukewarm water to gargle. The warm water give soothing effect and salt will help kill the virus or bacteria and also helps reduce inflammation which gives an instant relief.
- One teaspoon of salt is mixed well in lukewarm water..
- Gargle with the solution. Do not swallow it. Spit the water out after gargling.
- Repeat this as often as possible for fast & speedy recovery.
Slippery elm contains mucilage, a gel-like substance that can ease pain, soreness and inflammation. When taken internally, slippery elm soothens and heals the inflamed tissues, including the mucus membranes of the throat.
- To one teaspoon of the bark of slippery elm add 2 cups of boiling water. Allow it to steep for five minutes then strain the solution. Drink it slowly while it is still warm for twice daily for a few days. A soothing effect helps in curing the tonsillitis
Natural Ayurvedic remedies for cure for tonsillitis:
There is no evidence claimed to have shown any side-effects by using natural ayurvedic remedies for curing tonsillitis.
There are a few ways by which the cure is been taken care for eliminating tonsillitis and they are as follows:
Natural home remedy using ice for cure for tonsillitis
- Take ice cubes
- Wrap in a cloth
- Put this cloth on the tonsils for 10-15 min
- Take 5-6 times in a day
Natural home remedy of lemon, salt and honey for cure for tonsillitis
- Take 1 glass lukewarm water
- Squeeze half a lemon in it
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add 2 tablespoon honey
- Mix it thoroughly
- Sip this mixture
- Drink 2 times everyday
The pain relievers (over-the-counter) such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen are recommended for curing tonsillitis which helps in controlling excess of swelling. The right choice for choosing the over-the counter drug is highly important and significant since it can prove unsafe for the children around.
Do not use antiseptic decongestants, mouthwashes and antihistamines which might aggravate the pain.
Some medicines which may help manage the tonsillitis symptoms include: aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen.
Home points for taking medication during cure for tonsillitis
- Children older than 1 month can take paracetamol.
- Children above 3 months can take ibuprofen.
- The paracetamol or ibuprofen dose for children is worked out according to the weight of child. Read about measuring and administering a child’s dose of medicine.
- Do not give aspirin to children younger than 12 years for pain or fever as it can cause serious side effects.
- Children between 12 and 16 years should not be given aspirin for fever. This is because Reye’s syndrome can cause liver damage and affect brain function. It has been associated with aspirin use in children which is very rare.
Contact Us for more information regarding cure for tonsillitis